Home Improvement Loans in California
Check offers in seconds
Get pre-qualified for loan offers with an easy online form
Won't impact your credit
Checking offers will not impact your credit score
Competitive payment options
Funding up to $100,000 and APRs as low as 6.99%1
Receive funds quickly
Loans for Home Repair & Home Renovations in California
For many Californians, home improvement loans are the only way to finance a home improvement project. The benefits simply outweigh the risks for many as interest rates are competitive and the value added to their homes once the improvements are made, is worth it.
Quick. Simple. Secure.
How To Apply For Home Improvement Loans in California
Fill out an easy online form to check for pre-qualified offers with no impact to your credit score
Compare terms and payment options to select the offer that’s best for you
Complete your application on your selected lender’s website
After your loan is approved, your funds should arrive within 1-2 business days2
COMPARE RATES FROM TOP LENDERS
“The process couldn’t have been any easier. I filled out a short form that took me less than 2 minutes and within seconds I got multiple offers from lenders.”
- Mike T. (TN)
“It was important to me that I could review my offers without any impact to my credit score, before deciding on the best loan option.”
- Carol R (FL)
“I like the easy online and 100% paperless experience of Acorn Finance. I received my money two days after completing my application.”
- Bob S (WI)
Are you a contractor?
Generate more revenue with Acorn Finance.
Offer customers the ability to finance their dreams with zero dealer fees.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Learn More About Home Improvement Loans in California
Either way, there are plenty of home improvement loan options available in California so it’s important that you do your diligent research to make the best financial decision for you and your family.
Read more - FAQ
Can you get a home improvement loan in California?
Yes, the state of California has plenty of home improvement loans available on the lending market. There are personal home improvement loans, FHA, VA, USDA, and loans through Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, as well home equity loans and home equity lines of credit. The right loan program for you depends on your financial situation.
For example, if you already own your home and you have a minimum of 20% equity, then you could pursue a home equity loan, home equity line of credit or a cash-out refinance. If you are looking for a home improvement loan but you do not want to use your home equity as collateral, then you could pursue a personal home improvement loan or a personal line of credit. Maybe you are looking to purchase an older home and renovate it. Then an FHA 2003k rehabilitation loan may be the best option for your situation.
How does a home improvement loan work in California?
Home improvement loans allow homeowners to borrow money to cover the cost of material, labor, and associated costs of home improvements.
In most cases, money is funded directly into the personal account of the homeowner who then can use the funds to pay for these services. The loan amount plus any interest and additional fees are then paid in full through monthly payments spread out over a predetermined amount of time. The loan term could be as little as 1 year for a personal home improvement loan or up to 20 years for a home equity loan or home equity line of credit.
The amount of interest required to pay is determined by the APR and the length of the repayment period. The longer the repayment period, the lower the monthly payments, however, more interest can accumulate over the life of the loan. The shorter the repayment period, the less interest can accumulate, however, the monthly payments may be higher.
Advantages of Home Improvement Loans in California:
Home improvement loans can be used for all kinds of improvements ranging from landscaping to kitchen remodels. Pros and cons can vary depending on the loan type but in general here are some advantages of home improvement loans in California.
- Convenient monthly payments: In a state with a high cost of living, cash may be tight. Home improvement loans allow you to borrow the money you need and repay it in convenient monthly payments. By working with a lender to choose your loan term, you can customize your loan to include a monthly payment that works for your budget.
- Competitive interest rates: There are so many lenders in California that are all competing for your business, because of this, if you have good credit, interest rates and other conditions of a loan can be quite favorable. Take advantage of the freedom to shop offers. At Acorn Finance you can compare offers with no credit impact.
- Fast processing times: Thanks to the online lending market, the process to obtain a home improvement loan has been streamlined to be as quick and efficient as possible. Some lenders can deliver funding in as little as 1-2 business days.
Although cash is almost always the cheapest option for paying for any home improvement project, because of these advantages, many Californians choose to finance their home renovations and repairs through a home improvement loan.
Disadvantages of Home Improvement Loans in California:
Obtaining a home improvement loan may be quick and convenient, however, it does not mean it is a decision that should be taken lightly. Here are some of the main disadvantages of obtaining a home improvement loan in California.
- Taking on debt: If you already have a mortgage payment and other commitments, taking on an additional monthly payment for a home equity loan or personal home improvement loan could put some constraints on the monthly budget.
- High-interest rates for bad credit: If you have bad credit, you may want to work on your credit score before applying for a new line of credit to pay for a home improvement project. Bad credit borrowers can pay some of the highest APRs on top of additional fees. Personal home improvement loans can have APRs as high as 36% for bad credit borrowers. Even if you have good credit, you should consider the additional costs of borrowing money.
- Credit score implications: Any time you take on a new line of credit, you can see your credit score drop a bit. Additionally, if you should happen to default on a loan or go through a home foreclosure, you may do damage to your credit history that can follow you for years to come.
Even with these disadvantages to consider, a home improvement loan to pay for a home improvement project or home renovation may be the best option for you.
What are the application requirements for California home improvement loans?
If you’re looking for a home improvement loan in California, it’s important to consider what some of the application requirements are. The requirements vary depending on the loan type and lender, however, here are some of the most common requirements.
- Loan application
- Proof of identity
- Income and employer information
- Proof of residence/address
- Contractor plans (not required for unsecured home improvement loans)
In addition to having all of the above required documentation, you may need a minimum credit score of 620 and a debt-to-income ratio below 43% including the new line of credit you are applying for. Requirements can vary by lender. To find out which lenders you qualify for, check offers at Acorn Finance.
What can you use a home improvement loan for?
If you’re looking at using a home equity loan to pay for a home improvement project, then you may be required by the lender to submit building plans from a contractor during the application process. Typically, you are not allowed to stray too far from those original plans unless you have the new plans approved by the lender.
If you obtain a personal loan to pay for your home improvement project, then you can use the money in any way you see fit. You can even change improvement projects midstream or even divert some of the funds to pay for an emergency expense unrelated to the home improvement project.
How much should you borrow with a home improvement loan in California?
How do you find the right California home improvement loan for you?
See More Home Improvement Loans by State:
- Home Improvement Loans in Texas
- Home Improvement Loans in Florida
- Home Improvement Loans in Michigan
- Home Improvement Loans in California
- Home Improvement Loans in Georgia
- Home Improvement Loan in Wisconsin
- Home Improvement Loans in Utah
- Home Improvement Loans in Massachusetts
- Home Improvement Loans in Indiana
- Home Improvement Loans in Oklahoma
- Home Improvement Loans in Nevada
- Home Improvement Loans in Louisiana
- Home Improvement Loans in Maine
ONE HOME, ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
More home improvement financing options
Your home is a work in progress. Whether you wish to redo, repair or redecorate your home, we can make it all happen with the most effortless financing options.
Trending home improvement projects
Barn Financing Options
Personal loan information
Loans by amount
$2k Personal Loans
$3k Personal Loans
$4k Personal Loans
$5k Personal Loans
$6k Personal Loans
$8k Personal Loans
$10k Personal Loans
$20k Personal Loans
$25k Personal Loans
$30k Personal Loans
$35k Personal Loans
$40k Personal Loans
$50k Personal Loans
$60k Personal Loans
$75k Personal Loans
$80k Personal Loans
$100k Personal Loans
Learn about personal loans
How To Finance Home Renovations Easily
How To Get a Home Improvement Loan
How Do Home Improvement Loans Work?
How To Finance a Second Home
Contractor Costs To Build a Home
Average Home Improvement Loan Rates
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Personal Loans for Debt Consolidation
What Are Secured Personal Loans?
Best Financing Options for Home Improvement
$100k Home Improvement Loans
Home Financing Tips for 2021
Personal Loan Refinancing Guide
Secured vs Unsecured Loans
Personal Loan to Pay Off Debt