How To Get a $35,000 Personal LoanGet personalized rates in 60 seconds for loans up to $35k with no impact to your credit score
Get multiple loan offers up to $35,000 with no impact to your credit score.
How It Works
Check Offers With No Impact To Your Credit Score
Get Financed Quickly
Easy Monthly Payments
How We're Different
Get Offers in Seconds
Get pre-qualified for multiple loan offers with an easy online form.
Won't Impact Your Credit
Receive pre-qualified offers with no impact to your credit scores.
Competitive Payment Options
Loans up to $100,000; Terms up to 12 years; APRs as low as 3.99%.
Receive Funds Quickly
In some cases, receive funds in as little as one business day.
How To Get A $35,000 Personal Loan
Need $35,000? When we need a new vehicle, want to make home improvements, or start a business, we often have the cash on hand to buy them. If we do, then the idea of depleting our savings can be heart-breaking. Often, a personal loan is the answer, but how do you go about getting a $35K personal loan?
Let’s examine what you need to borrow this kind of cash.
How much is a monthly payment on a $35,000 personal loan?
The cost of monthly payments on a $35,000 personal loan varies, depending on both the terms of the loan and the APR. The longer the term of your loan, the less you will be required to pay each month, however, this allows more time for interest to build up. Loan repayment terms for a 35,000 dollar personal loan are generally between 2 and 5 years.
The best way to find out what your monthly repayments are likely to be for a loan of this size is to use a $35,000 personal loan calculator.
For example, a $35,000 personal loan borrowed over 5 years at an interest rate of 5% would cost you $660.49 per month.
How does APR work on a $35,000 personal loan?
APR, or annual percentage rate, includes not only the interest rate but also any additional costs, including origination fees, prepayment fees, and check processing fees. You can expect origination fees to be anywhere between 0.99% and 5.99%.
Some loans will not have any of these additional fees and therefore APR will just refer to the interest rate alone. It’s always a good idea to do your research when you see a loan offer you like to see what’s included in that figure, and what’s not, so you don’t get any surprises.
Do I get access to all $35,000 right away?
A $35,000 personal loan is always made available to the borrower in its entirety when they receive payment, with very few exceptions. It usually takes anywhere between 1 business day and 2 weeks to be sent to your bank account, depending on the lender. You should be aware that some banks will take time to process amounts as large as this, which extends the date in which you will receive funds, or you may find that your bank has limitations on how much of the loan you can access at any one time.
The amount you actually receive from the lender also depends on whether you have chosen a loan with an origination fee. Since this fee is deducted before being sent through to your bank account, you can expect to receive anywhere between $33,250 and the full $35,000 when you take out a $35k personal loan.
Can I repay my $35k personal loan off early?
Yes, but some lenders charge early pay-off fees. If you think you will try to pay off the loan early, make sure you find a lender who will accept early repayment without charging fees.
Some lenders will have early payment penalties that will cancel out the benefits of early repayment, however, some lenders will not have any kind of penalty.
Can I get a $35,000 loan with bad credit?
In order to qualify for a $35,000 loan, borrowers are generally required to have a credit score of at least 620. A good to excellent credit score not only gives you more options in terms of lenders, but it also improves your chances of approval and gives you access to the most flexible terms and lowest interest rates.
You may still be able to get a $35,000 personal loan with bad credit although you will have very few options. It typically means that you will be offered the highest APRs and the shortest terms so you need to be certain that you can actually afford the loan before you apply.
How Can I Get A $35k Personal Loan Fast?
If you are looking to finance your home improvement project, Acorn Finance is here to help. We offer loan amounts up to $100,000 with terms up to 12 years, and APRs starting at only 4.99%, and you may even be able to receive your funds in as little as one day. Whether you’re a contractor or a homeowner we can connect you with the lender that is right for you in no time at all.
What lenders offer a $35,000 personal loan?
There are many lenders who offer a $35,000 personal loan. Here is a selection of some of the best:
We offer personal loans of up to $100,000 for home improvements, with long terms of up to 12 years and rates as low as 4.99%. You can check for offers in seconds and it won’t impact your credit score. To start, apply below.
LightStream offers personal loan amounts ranging from $5,000 to $100,000 with interest rates of 4.99% to 16.99% and terms between 2 and 7 years. They have a minimum credit score requirement of 660, with no origination fees, late fees, or prepayment fees. They also allow for co-signers on their personal loans so you may have another option if your credit score does not meet their minimum requirement.
#3 – FreedomPlus
FreedomPlus offers personal loan amounts ranging from $10,000 to $35,000 with interest rates of 4.99% to 29.99% and terms between 2 and 5 years. With a minimum credit score requirement of 670, you may find it difficult to qualify with FreedomPlus unless you have excellent credit. You should also be aware that this personal loan is not available in some US states, including New Hampshire, New York, and North Dakota.
#3 – BestEgg
BestEgg offers personal loan amounts ranging from $2,000 to $35,000 with interest rates of 5.99% to 29.99% and terms between 3 and 5 years. They allow you to apply quickly and easily online, and you may be able to receive funding in just one day, although you will need a credit score of at least 640 in order to qualify. It should be noted that BestEgg charges a $15 late fee, a $15 returned payment fee and has origination fees that may reach as much as 5.99%.
What can I do with a $35,000 personal loan?
A $35,000 personal loan has a number of uses, including (but not limited to):
- home improvement
- debt consolidation
- buying a car
- medical bills
- wedding costs
- startup business costs
Are You A Contractor? Stop Thinking & Start Doing with Acorn Finance.
Offer customers the ability to finance their dreams with zero dealer fees.
How do I apply for a $35,000 personal loan?
The way in which you should apply for a $35,000 personal loan depends on the lender you choose to work with, however, there are a number of steps it is beneficial to take before submitting your application for a personal loan.
1. Make sure that you can afford the loan. By using a personal loan calculator you can get a better understanding of what a monthly $35,000 personal loan payment will be so that you can find a loan within your budget, that you are sure you can afford. With a loan of this size, you can expect your monthly payments to be at least $500.
2. Do your research. It is really important that you take your time to compare lenders to find the best possible deal for you. It is no good choosing the first lender you see because they offer quick payment. Be sure to do your due diligence on each lender to ensure that you won’t have any nasty surprises during your loan terms.
3. Ensure that you meet lender requirements. There is no point in wasting time applying for a loan that you are never going to be approved for. Expect lenders to consider:
- income – you need to have a steady income so that lenders can be confident that you will be able to make the monthly repayments. They may have a minimum income required in order to apply.
- employment – some lenders require that you work full time to be considered for a personal loan. If you work part-time or are self-employed your options may be more limited.
- credit history – having a good to excellent credit score gives you the best chances for loan approval. If you have bad credit, take the time to build on it and improve your score if you are able to. Otherwise, it may benefit you to find a loan that allows for a co-signer to improve your chances for approval.
- assets, expenses, and debts – lenders use this to calculate your debt-to-income ratio (DTI). Having existing debts is likely to hinder your chance for approval.
4. Gather relevant documents. Although the application varies slightly for each lender, the documents you will typically need in order to apply for a personal loan include:
- employment info
- income info
- bank account info
- bank statements
- credit report
- valid identification
- collateral documents, where applicable
5. Read the fine print. Make sure that you check your contract for any hidden costs and that you understand your loan agreement and terms.
In order to get a $35,000 personal loan, you will typically need to have a good to excellent credit score with a good, steady income. If you are interested in securing financing today, apply online below!
“The process couldn’t have been any easier. I filled out a short form that took me less than 2 minutes and within seconds I got multiple offers from lenders.”
– Mike T. (TN)
“It was important to me that I could review my offers without any impact to my credit score, before deciding on the best loan option.”
– Carol R (FL)
“I like the easy online and 100% paperless experience of Acorn Finance. I received my money two days after completing my application.”
– Bob S (WI)