Personal Loan Eligibility
Check offers in seconds
Get pre-qualified for loan offers with an easy online form
Won't impact your credit
Checking offers will not impact your credit score*
Competitive payment options
Funding up to $100,000 and APRs as low as 3.99%*
Receive funds quickly
Same-day and next-day available for certain offers*
Learn How to Become Eligible for a Personal Loan That’s Right for You
To qualify for a personal loan you should have some credit established and an income source. While there may be other requirements you need to meet, these are standard, regardless of the lender. At Acorn Finance, you can check offers from several top national lenders without impacting your credit score. This is a smart and safe way to compare offers and determine what kind of terms you are eligible for.
Quick. Simple. Secure.
How To Apply For Personal Loan Eligibility
Fill out easy online form to check for pre-qualified offers with no impact to your credit score
Compare terms and payment options to select offer that’s best for you
Complete application process on your selected lender’s website*
After loan approval, your funds should arrive within 1-2 business days*
COMPARE RATES FROM TOP LENDERS
“The process couldn’t have been any easier. I filled out a short form that took me less than 2 minutes and within seconds I got multiple offers from lenders.”
- Mike T. (TN)
“It was important to me that I could review my offers without any impact to my credit score, before deciding on the best loan option.”
- Carol R (FL)
“I like the easy online and 100% paperless experience of Acorn Finance. I received my money two days after completing my application.”
- Bob S (WI)
Are you a contractor?
Generate more revenue with Acorn Finance.
Offer customers the ability to finance their dreams with zero dealer fees.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Learn More About Personal Loan Eligibility
Personal loan eligibility is an important topic to discuss if you are considering a personal loan. You may be wondering, ‘am I eligible for a personal loan?’ Most adults are eligible for a personal loan, but requirements can vary from lender to lender. Keep reading to learn more about personal loan eligibility.
Read more - FAQ
What are the eligibility requirements for a personal loan?
There are five basic requirements for qualifying for a personal loan and depending on where you sit within the five different requirements, it may determine how big of a loan you can get, what interest rate you will be required to pay, and what other fees you may or may not have to pay.
The first, and arguably, the most important requirement is your credit score and credit history.
– Credit score and credit history: Your credit score and credit history will be instrumental in the loan application process. Do you have recent bankruptcies or home foreclosures that may make a lender wary? Do you have a demonstrated history of missing payments and even defaulting on other loans? Your credit score will reflect whether or not these negative financial events have occurred in your credit history. To qualify for a personal loan, you will absolutely want a credit score above 600. Some lenders may even require a minimum credit score of 620 or 640. That being said, there are still options for a borrower with a credit score under 600. Some lenders have built a reputation for providing financing for bad credit borrowers. Additionally, someone with poor credit may want to consider a collateral loan or applying for a loan with a cosigner to increase their chances of qualifying.
– Income and monthly cash flow: When applying for a personal loan you will need to show proof of employment or proof of income. Some lenders have minimum salary requirements for personal loans, others do not. It really depends on the lender. Many people do not work a traditional job and they may be self-employed. That is where a paper trail of tax filings and bank deposits that spans long periods of time will be the most influential in helping you secure a loan. For a traditionally employed individual, pay-stubs, W2s, and work contracts will suffice.
– Debt-to-income ratio: When a lender examines your income, they will also look at your debts. Where is your money going each month? Do you have many other debts that require a portion of your monthly income? A mortgage, car payments, child support, or alimony? Lenders are going to look at this carefully, and once they complete their analysis they will be able to label a potential borrower with a percentage. That percentage is determined by their total amount of income coming in, divided by the amount they pay to pre-existing debts. The higher the percentage, the less likely you are going to qualify for the loan. Most lenders look for a debt-to-income ratio that is below 36%.
– Collateral: Collateral, which is basically an asset that has a financial value that you can sign away to a lender, is not always required, however, if you have poor credit, it may be required.
– Origination fees: There are many personal loan options that do not require an origination fee, however, if you have less than stellar credit, some lenders may require a certain percentage to be paid upfront to make the loan happen. This is called an origination fee. You either can have the fee taken out of the total loan amount or you can borrow more to cover the costs of the fee. For example, a $20,000 personal loan with a 4% origination fee would cost a borrower $800. You can either have the loan simply pay you $19,200 or you could borrow more to cover the cost.
A personal loan is a big commitment for both the borrower and the lender, that is why these requirements may be in place.
What should I know before applying for a personal loan?
Before applying for any type of financing you should always make sure that you are borrowing within your means. It is never a wise decision to take on more debt than you can handle. A personal loan can do some damage to your credit profile if you are unable to make the payments. Aside from making sure that you are borrowing within your means, you may want to make sure that you are getting the best interest rates. To find some of the best interest rates available on the lending market, it may be a wise decision to explore what online lenders are offering. Online lending has become somewhat popular in recent years for offering below market APRs and for catering to people from all financial backgrounds.
What is the eligible salary to get a personal loan?
Most lending institutions do not actually advertise their minimum salary requirements. This is for a number of reasons. More specifically, they really want to see your debt to income ratio. What kind of cash flow you have. What is coming in and what is going out. You could have a small salary, but with zero debt, and a decent credit profile, you could qualify for a loan that someone with a great salary but large debts could not.
What credit score do I need to be eligible for a personal loan?
Typically, lenders are looking for a minimum credit score somewhere between 610 and 640.This does not mean you cannot qualify for a personal loan with a credit score below 610. There are many lenders who specifically work with borrowers that may have a less than perfect credit history. However, many lenders advertise that their minimum credit score requirements sit around 620 or 630.
What are the 5 C’s of credit?
The five C’s of credit can be defined as character, capacity, capital, collateral, and conditions.
What disqualifies you from getting a personal loan?
There are several reasons that your loan application could potentially be denied. Maybe you asked for too much money? Maybe your debt-to-income ratio is extremely high and lenders are not all that confident that you will be able to make all the monthly payments on time? However, if one lender denies you, you may be eligible for another lender. That is why one of the most logical approaches to seeking personal financing is to pre-qualify. By simply entering in some personal and financial information into an online pre-approval application, you can find out exactly how much you could qualify for and at what interest rates.
How fast can I get a personal loan?
If you are looking for a personal loan and you decide to use an online lender to finance, you may be surprised to know that many lenders are capable of offering same or next day funding. What is often the case is that a personal loan could be financed in as little as 24 hours. Online lenders have been able to streamline the loan application and approval process, the only limitations being the speed of which banks can accept a wire transfer,
What’s the easiest bank to get a personal loan?
USAA and Wells Fargo are some of the easiest banks to qualify for a personal loan with. In most cases though, an online lender is easier to qualify for than a traditional bank. If you have credit challenges you will want to shop around and check offers with realistic expectations. For example, if you have a 600 credit score, you should not expect to qualify for a substantial loan amount with the lowest interest rate.
To find out if you are eligible for a personal loan, you should start by checking offers at Acorn Finance. To qualify for a personal loan you should have some credit established and an income source. While there may be other requirements you need to meet, these two are pretty standard regardless of the lender. At Acorn Finance you can check offers from several top national lenders without impacting your credit score. This is a smart and safe way to compare offers and determine what kind of terms you are eligible for.
ONE HOME, ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
More home improvement financing options
Your home is a work in progress. Whether you wish to redo, repair or redecorate your home, we can make it all happen with the most effortless financing options.
Pole Barn Financing
Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Driveway Paving Financing
Home Repair Financing
Hot Tub Financing
Basement Remodel Financing
Bathroom Remodel Financing
Kitchen Remodel Financing
Home Addition Financing
Solar Panel Financing
Container Home Financing
Tiny Home Financing
Modular Home Financing
Trending home improvement projects
Barn Financing Options
Personal loan information
Loans by amount
$1k Personal Loans
$2k Personal Loans
$3k Personal Loans
$4k Personal Loans
$5k Personal Loans
$6k Personal Loans
$8k Personal Loans
$10k Personal Loans
$20k Personal Loans
$25k Personal Loans
$30k Personal Loans
$35k Personal Loans
$40k Personal Loans
$50k Personal Loans
$60k Personal Loans
$75k Personal Loans
$80k Personal Loans
$100k Personal Loans
Learn about personal loans
How To Finance Home Renovations Easily
How To Get a Home Improvement Loan
How Do Home Improvement Loans Work?
How To Finance a Second Home
Contractor Costs To Build a Home
Average Home Improvement Loan Rates
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Personal Loans for Debt Consolidation
What Are Secured Personal Loans?
Best Financing Options for Home Improvement
$100k Home Improvement Loans
Home Financing Tips for 2021
Personal Loan Refinancing Guide
Secured vs Unsecured Loans
Personal Loan to Pay Off Debt